Welcome to the Saga Developers Journal.

Silverlode Interactive has released the worlds first “Collectible MMORTS” game, SAGA. This developers' blog is here to give you a never-too-serious behind the scenes look at the company.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Not as they seem

On my way into the office today, a sign caught my attention.
I fancy myself a donut connoisseur and the presence of a fine donut establishment that previously went unnoticed was a shock. After a quick u-turn I pulled into a spot intent on purchasing an assortment of sweets, for my hard working coworkers of course.

I hurried inside only to find rows of tables, 2 waitresses and a display of cookies, but not a donut in site. Whats this I inquired, trying to keep from drooling on the counter in expectation of the tasty treat that I was sure would soon be forthcoming. One please, no two, better make it 3 dozen donuts please.

To my dismay I was informed that there were in fact no Donuts in the building. I could however place an order and have some delivered the next day.

This was not the instant gratification I was looking for. I briefly contemplated a world where one would place orders for every item desired to be delivered later. No I decided this was not a world I wished to be a part of.

Cookies it seemed would be today's treat. Quickly scanning the menu I located the price for the chocolate chip sweets. One dozen cookies for $4.99 or $.50 each. So be it. One dozen cookies please. Only 11 here mister, I was informed by the girl who seemed insensitive to my plight.

Soon all eleven cookies were bagged and I recieved my bill for $5.50.

Life is tough.

2 comments:

Dyvion said...

Eh? you couldn't add 1 more cookie to the 11 you had and save a dollar? What kind of crooked establishments are you frequenting?! I'd never put in a plug for a business with such poor service as the one described herein... You sir are owed a cookie!

Kite said...

I don't think that they had anymore >.>